Sunday, October 31, 2021

Happy Halloween!

 


Hey fam! Just a quick blog for the holidays. I hope your Halloween is full of fun and lots of sugar. Me? I'm baking soul cakes right now. Well. It's more like a soul cake. But it smells heavenly and I can't wait to try it. It's my first time making it, so hopefully it comes out good!


Halloween (aka Spooky Season) is my favorite time of year. I love the chill in the air, the shorter nights, and the apple cider. I watch scary movies and cuddle up with my cats. It's a fun, lighthearted day. And, as I was making my soul cake, I was thinking about halloween and evangelicalism. My family never really had anything against the day. I never went trick or treating, but I would dress up for halloween parties. One year I went as batman for a preschool party. I remember having a lot of fun.


For those of you that grew up in Funadamentalism or Evangelicalism, how was halloween viewed by your family and church? Were you allowed to celebrate it, or was it "the Devil's birthday"? Fee free to comment below!


No comments:

Post a Comment